Now more than ever its important to have a good immune system. Not only to prevent getting sick, but to help your body fight back and recover if it does. Along with frequent hand washing, a strong immune system is one of your best defenses against illness. Here are 5 simple things you can do to ensure your immune system is running strong:
1. Drink more water - Your immune system functions best when your muscles and organs are functioning best. It expels toxins and waste products and brings important nutrient to the cells.
2. Exercise - Medline Plus notes that just 20-30 minutes a day of exercise help prevent you from getting sick. Exercise makes you feel healthier and more energetic. It can help you feel better about yourself.
3. Eat foods with probiotics for gut health - A good portion of how well your immune system functions Is based on how healthy your gut is. Try and incorporate food with probiotics like yogurt, miso soup, kombucha tea and sauerkraut.
4. Take good multi vitamin - Make sure it has lots of vitamin C.
5. Don't drink alcohol or smoke - Both these things negatively affect your immune system. a new study from a researcher at the Loyola University Chicago Departments of Medicine and Public Health Sciences found that just one episode of binge drinking (defined as four drinks for women or five for men) weakened participants' immune systems for up to five hours.
At Revive Fitness, we can help you reach your fitness goals through a combination of nutrition and personal training. Eating right and creating a tailored, targeted and personalized fitness program is the best way to get in shape. Contact Revive Fitness to schedule your first Personal Training Session with us today.